At Cory Riverside Energy we are immensely proud of our business and the people who make it run so successfully. But giving people access to our multiple sites – from our recycling facility at Smugglers Wharf, to our lighters on the Thames, all the way through to our gleaming Energy Recovery Facility at Belvedere on the banks of the Thames – can be difficult.
Until today. And that’s because, thanks to the wonders of modern technology, we have developed a guided tour that puts you at the heart of the operations and takes you through every stage of the Cory Riverside Energy business, hearing directly from the experts who work there day in, day out.
This groundbreaking 3D immersive tour offers unprecedented access to our operations, and lifts the lid on how we transform London’s non-recyclable waste into clean, baseload energy to power London’s homes. So if you’ve ever wondered what happens behind our doors, you can now take a look and see for yourself.
We believe we run a truly exceptional business, and are proud to be able to show it to you through this new 3D experience.
For people interested in taking the tour, a few technical pointers:
- This is a desktop experience. There is no smartphone support at the moment, so make sure you’re on a PC or a laptop before sitting down to enjoy the tour.
- The best browser for the experience is Google Chrome other browsers such as Windows Explorer or Safari will not have the same speed, responsiveness or fluidity.
For further information, please contact:
Andy Rivett-Carnac, Henry Wallers, Caroline Dobbin
+44 (0)20 3805 4822
Notes to editors:
- Cory Riverside Energy is one of the UK’s leading resource management, recycling, and energy recovery companies.
- Riverside is the largest operating Energy from Waste facility in the United Kingdom, with a unique river-based infrastructure on the Thames for delivering waste.
- Cory Riverside Energy is currently majority owned by funds advised or managed by Strategic Value Partners LLC or its affiliates.
- The existing shareholders have been in place since 2015, and since then have overseen a major restructuring programme, with three of Cory Group’s four business lines sold:
- June 2016: Sale of Cory Group’s municipal collection business, Cory Environmental Municipal Services Ltd, to Biffa Waste Services Ltd.
- July 2016: Sale of Cory Group’s national waste brokerage (“Brokerage”) businesses to Reconomy. Brokerage comprised UK Nationwide Skip Hire Limited, trading as Skippy Nationwide, Skips @ Home Limited, trading as Skip Hire UK, and Cory Environmental Recycling Services Limited.
- January 2017: Sale of Cory Group’s landfill sites and associated landfill gas operations, across 14 locations in the UK, to Armour Group Holdings Ltd.
- 2016 was a record year for Cory Riverside Energy, which has had an exceptionally strong operational track record, operating at its full permitted capacity since day one.
- Other highlights include:
- 528 GWh of baseload electricity generated;
- 753,000 tonnes of waste diverted from landfill;
- 100,000 truck journeys removed from London’s road every year thanks to our Thames river infrastructure;
- Equivalent of 160,000 homes powered;
- 230,000 tonnes of carbon saved by not sending waste to landfill;
- 200,000 tonnes of ash recycled as road aggregate;
- 10,000 tonnes of Air Pollution Control Residue recycled to create building blocks used in construction.